Our Clubs are a safe place to learn, grow and have fun! Through our blue doors, great futures are started each and every day.
For 86 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware has impacted thousands of lives across Delaware. We are the largest licensed provider of childcare in Delaware and the only statewide Boys & Girls Club in the nation.
Each and every day girls and boys are left to find their own recreation and companionship. An increasing amount of kids are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know they have a place in their community where they can go. Clubs provide a safe haven for youth, allow them to meet with friends and be a part of positive peer groups. Club programs teach life skills, conflict resolution and focus on the development of character. Clubs also provide members with positive role models and a nurturing environment that help improve decision-making skills.
Our Core Beliefs
A Boys & Girls Club Provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow…
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals…
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
- Hope and opportunity.
Who We Serve
Boys & Girls Clubs programming works
- Nationwide, 87% of Club kids graduate from high school, compared to the average of 66%
- 25% of Club kids graduate from college, compared to the national average of 16%
- Police reports indicate that juvenile crime drops as much as 64% when a new Club opens
- 60% of Club members participating in educational programming see increased performance in the Delaware State Testing Program
- More than 4,000 youth participate each day in physical activity for more than 30 minutes, helping to fight childhood obesity
- All full-time staff in the Clubs are college-educated and professionally trained
Be the difference for Delaware's youth.
Learn about our beginnings and improvements
Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware continually seeks new team members to join us in developing and implementing innovative youth development experiences, opportunities, programs and services.
Our Annual Reports invite you to read about the many accomplishments and opportunities we provide to our members every day, and how their lives are changed in both small and large ways as a result.