Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware announced their 2019 Youth of the Year Judges. Judges reflect the same high morals and character qualities demanded of Club members. They mirror the diversity of Club participants, in regards to cultural and ethnic make-up, as well as various backgrounds and career paths. Additionally their participation demonstrates to Club youth that our volunteers are strongly committed to their development as caring and productive citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Judges:
- Thoroughly review and score the Youth of the Year Application via the online judging portal prior to the Youth of the Year event, making notations about questions you’d like to ask nominees
- Interview all nominees to verify and clarify the content of their application materials
- Evaluate each candidate on poise and public speaking during the interview process and during public speaking opportunities
- Develop a well-rounded assessment of each candidate prior to meeting as a group to make the final selection
- Select, as a group, the most qualified finalist to serve as a role model and spokesperson for Delaware
Dr. Eric A. Cheek
Delaware Technical Community College
Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware Program Committee
Wayman Fire Protection
Gregg M. Schmidt
Head of External Communications
Amazon Fulfillment Center
Director, Regulatory Strategy & Services
Steven Smith, Jr.
Pepsi Bottling Company
State Farm Insurance Co.
Dr. Kimberly Krzanowski
Office of Early Learning
Delaware Department of Education
The judges will join the 6 Finalists on April 5-6, at the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel in Rehoboth Beach to meet with the Finalists. The winner will be announced at the Youth of the Year, Thursday, April 11, at The Queen in Wilmington. To purchase your tickets CLICK HERE or visit bgclubs.org/YOY
For tickets or more information about the Youth of the Year program contact Cheryl Rice.