Youth Development Professional I/Oak Orchard Boys & Girls Club
Under the supervision of the Childcare or Program Director, the youth worker is responsible for assisting with the development and effective operation of a quality school-age childcare program that complies with current Delacare rules for school-age centers.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with current state licensing requirements for school age child care centers; address non-compliance issues as needed or directed.
- Assist Childcare or Program Director in effectively delivering a variety of age-appropriate programs and activities, which reflect Boys & Girls Club’s five core program areas and Youth Development Strategy, for children ages 6 – 12.
- Help ensure safe implementation of all programs and activities. This involves, but is not limited to: condition of equipment and facilities, age-appropriateness, ability levels, weather, appropriate use of equipment and supplies.
- Assist Childcare or Program Director in supervising children within guidelines established by Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware, and in compliance with applicable state licensing regulations.
- Assist Childcare or Program Director in maintaining productive relationships with parents, school faculty and administrators and staff, and other visitors to the Club.
- Present yourself as a positive role model for children at all times.
- Consistently adhere to the policies and practices of BGCDE OCCL and Delaware STARS
- Contribute toward development of a positive identity and strong presence for the Boys & Girls Club in the community.
- Assume other tasks, assignments and responsibilities as needed or directed.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have School Age Site Assistant Certificate
- Must be able to pass an FBI clearance, State of Delaware Criminal History Background Check, National and State Sexual Abuse Registry check, and National and State Child Abuse Registry Check per DelaCare regulations.
Click on this link to get more information on levels of certification: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/cms/lib/DE01922744/Centricity/Domain/534/SA%20Qualifications%20for%20Packets%20for%202015.pdf
Environmental and Working Conditions: Environmental and working conditions vary from indoors to outdoors; various meeting locations in and out of the Club; occasional statewide travel (e.g. training). Employees are subject to transfer from one department to another and from one club/school site to another as the needs of the organization change.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Maintain a high energy level.
- Be comfortable working with children ages 6-12 in varying levels of physical activity.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds when preparing rooms for activities.
- Typically bends, stoops, walks and sometimes runs on a regular basis while interacting with children in various activities throughout the day.
- Ability to perform duties effectively under stressful conditions; ability to make decisions quickly and accurately with tact and impartiality
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
School year: Monday through Friday, 6:30AM to 8:15AM & 3:00PM to 6:00PM.
Summer Hours: Monday through Friday, 10:30AM to 6:00PM