Part Time Teen Director/New Castle Club
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Teen Director has delegated responsibility for developing, implementing, supervising, evaluating and monitoring programs for teens ages 13-21.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the teen program. Facilitate a well-rounded, well-organized teen program which encompasses all of the Core Program Areas and follows the Youth Development Strategy and is designed to meet the objectives set by the incumbent and the Unit Director. The program should be conducted in a professional manner, supportive of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware policies and procedures.
- The results of the Teen Director’s work should be a well-rounded, well organized teen program that operates near or at capacity, meets established programmatic objectives and outcomes and meets safety regulations. All Aspects of the program are conducted in a safe, professional manner that adheres to the policies and procedures established by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware.
- Develop, promote and participate in the teen programming
- Supervise staff and volunteers for teen programming
- Plan and operate club-wide activities.
- Guide and discipline club members.
- Assist in the financial development of the teen department.
- Assure that administrative duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Assure that the teen area and equipment is maintained for safety.
- Assist in developing a positive identity for the Boys & Girls Clubs in the community.
- Drive the company vehicle
- Recruit teen members and community partnerships
Core Values for Success:
Greatness (BE GREAT): Strive for greatness and hold yourself and others to a high standard of excellence resulting in quality services to the children we serve. Live the principles and mission of the organization and see yourself as role model both within the organization and the community; apply creativity and sound thinking to identify the resources needed to accomplish our mission.
Accountability (Ownership): We hold ourselves and others accountable for meeting standards for the quality, quantity, resource management and timeliness of work; we acknowledge ownership and accountability of our actions and accept responsibility for their consequences without exceptions or excuses. We are accepting of feedback about improving our performance, and we acknowledge and correct our mistakes.
Integrity: We act with honesty and honor in all our dealings with board members, funders, vendors, parents, children and colleagues. We understand that we are stewards of the resources made available to us, and we strive to provide a return on investment in all our activities and interactions. We hold ourselves and others to the highest standards of honesty and morality.
Teamwork: Treat all with dignity and respect; encourage, reward and recognize team members who achieve great things; have relationships that are built on trust. Demonstrate and encourage cooperative team relationships and approach challenges and your day to day interactions with extreme optimism and a positive attitude.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum two year experience effectively managing or delivering programs to students ages 13-21. Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must be able to pass an FBI clearance, State of Delaware Criminal History Background Check, National and State Sexual Abuse Registry check, and National and State Child Abuse Registry Check per DelaCare regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and operate programming for youth in Middle School and in High School.
- Ability to develop a positive self-image in Boys & Girls Club members.
- Demonstrated verbal and written competency.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, recruit and train volunteers and mentor youth.
- Knowledge of budgeting
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds when preparing rooms for activities.
- Typically bends, stoops, walks and sometimes runs on a regular basis while interacting with children in various activities throughout the day.
- Ability to perform duties effectively under stressful conditions; ability to make decisions quickly and accurately with tact and impartiality
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 2:00PM to 7:00PM.
Note: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer