Junior Youth Development Professional/North Star Elementary School
Under the limited supervision of the School Site Director, the Jr. Youth Development Professional is responsible for assisting with the effective operation of a quality school-age child care program that complies with current Delacare rules for school-age centers.
Location: Wilmington, DE
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with current state licensing requirements for school age child care centers; address non-compliance issues as needed or directed.
• Assist School Site Director in effectively delivering a variety of age-appropriate programs and activities, which reflect Boys & Girls Club’s five core program areas and Youth Development Strategy, for children ages 6 – 12.
• Help ensure safe implementation of all programs and activities. This involves, but is not limited to: condition of equipment and facilities; age-appropriateness; ability levels; weather; appropriate use of equipment and supplies.
• Present yourself as a positive role model for children at all times.
• Consistently adhere to the policies and practices of BGCDE.
• Contribute toward development of a positive identity and strong presence for the Boys & Girls Club in the community.
• Consistently adhere to the policies and practices of Delaware STARS.
• Assume other tasks, assignments and responsibilities as needed or directed.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- Sixteen (16) years of age or older
- Work permits are required for ALL employed minors under the age of 18 years of age
- School Age Intern Certificate
- Completion of Delaware First Trainings: Intro to School Age Care, Child Development & Intro to Center Based Early Care and Education
Specific Provisions for Individuals 16 and 17 years of age
Minors 16-17 years of age:
• May not work more than twelve (12) hours in a combination of school & work per day
• Must have at least eight (8) consecutive hours of non-work, non-school time in each 24-hour period
• May not work more than five (5) hours continuously without a non-work period of at least 30 consecutive minutes
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Environmental and working conditions vary from indoors to outdoors; various meeting locations in and out of the Club; occasional statewide travel (e.g. training).
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain a high energy level.
- Be comfortable working with children ages 5-14 in varying levels of physical activity.
- Regularly speak clearly and hear the spoken word.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds when preparing room for instruction.
- Typically bends, stoops, walks and sometimes runs on a regular basis while interacting with children in various activities throughout the day.
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, 7:00AM to 9:00AM & 3:00PM to 6:00PM
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer